What 200 Hour Teacher Trainees Need To Know
"I know of no better way to laugh out loud and become more alive than the Thrive Yoga Teacher Training. I am all in!" Susan Mondi Bowen
This training is great for you if you are looking to deepen your practice or become a confident and knowledgeable yoga teacher. The Thrive Yoga Trainers encourage trainees to see their potential as a yogi and as a calm and vital human being. The Thrive training curriculum is modern but rooted in the ancient teachings of yoga. Thrive training programs were first introduced 8 years ago and have graduated nearly 300 unique teachers and inquisitive yoga students.
Our faculty is several highly trained instructors and lecturers with broad experience in their fields. You will make connections and build friendships and mentors that last a lifetime. In the training, you will learn through lecture, experiences and practice to graduate prepared to teach yoga.
Lectures, practice, experiential learning and group discussion in the topics below. We are known to have field trips and parties. Expect YOUR practice to change with one-on-one attention to you on your mat. The Thrive Teacher Training is transformational.
- Asana: Learn the physical and energetic qualities of postures and how to apply them in teaching students of all different physical abilities and experiences. Learn to teach to the "whole" student. Deepen your practice by deepening your understanding of the structure of the asana as it "lands" in your body.
- Pranayama: Learn and practice pranayama techniques for beginning-advanced students and how to weave pranayama through an asana class. Love to breathe!
- Meditation: Introduction to several styles of meditation. Learn how a meditation practice is key to being more conscious.
- Pratayahara: Learn techniques in managing a highly stimulating world.
Train in tested methods of teaching yoga and how to sequence hatha and vinyasa yoga,pranayama and meditation. You will be prepared to teach several styles of yoga. Most trainees resonate with one or two styles. Your mentor will guide you to the best matched career path or yoga journey.
- Vinyasa Yoga
- Hatha Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Prenatal Yoga
- Hot Yoga
- Beginners Yoga
- Introduction to Therapeutics
Thrive Yoga’s training is specially designed for you to graduate as an experienced yoga teacher. Gain experience teaching poses and sequences that are interesting and effective.
Practice Teaching course study includes:
- Class Observations
- Demonstration and Mirroring
- Practice Teaching to Peers and Novices
- Teaching Prep Poses
- Teaching to Beginners
- Cueing & Assisting
- Mentor feedback and written assessments
Anatomy & Physiology
Training in the anatomy and physiology of the human body and movement. Learn to recognize biomechanics, structure and fluid movement in yourself and your students.
Philosophy & Specialty Lectures
- The History of Yoga Teachers and Yoga Explosion-Learn the history of yoga and the philosophy behind the styles practiced in the world.
- Yoga Sutra Study-Yoga philosophy as studied by the ancients and modern interpretation and application in life today.
- Sanskrit Study-Learn basic Sanskrit, the original language of experience
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Energetic Body-How is the human body energy and how to understand our subtle body for balance and health.
- Chakra Yoga