What 300 Hour Teacher Trainees Need To Know
The Thrive 300 Hour Teacher is for students who have already completed a 200-hour Teacher Training and seek a 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification or yoga students who are interested in an advanced study of yoga. This training is designed and taught so that you personally excel as a yoga teacher. There are hundreds of certified yoga teachers, it is our intention to help you hone your skills and learn depth in teaching so that you are extraordinary and fulfilled in your career. The Thrive 300-hour training is highly experiential explores both yoga teaching techniques and practices for deeper human consciousness. Expect transformation.
The Thrive 300-Hour Training balances old world understanding of yoga with the explosion and expansion of what yoga is today. The training at Thrive blends the technicalities of teaching yoga with training other healing modalities that we have seen move people to freedom, health and happiness. The Thrive 300-Hour Training also includes Reiki 1&2 and Thai Yoga Massage Level 1 Certification.
The Teacher Training Program focuses on teaching and assisting skills for Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga. Students can apply for the Thrive 300-hour training after completing a valid 200-hour certification from any style of yoga school.
- In -class study: (10) Weekends (Sat/Sun 9:00am-5:00pm) and Thursday evenings (6:00-9:00pm)
- Apprenticeship and In-Class Assisting (45 hours) at Thrive Yoga scheduled according to each trainee’s availability
- Apprenticeship in Individual Student Instruction (Privates. 5 hrs). (3) Privates with mentor and feedback
- Project: 60 hours of Independent Study
- Observations: (3) observations of workshops/classes
Professional Teaching Skills
- Refresh and deepen your own yoga practice and teaching
- Therapeutic application of yoga to heal the whole self
- Learn to teach advanced poses, preparatory poses and sequences
- Learn to seamlessly weave philosophy and the energetic qualities of practice with asana
- Techniques to teach to the individual student in a group class
- Yoga Anatomy and Physiology
- Learn to integrate the 8 limbs of yoga with asana sequences.
- Learn to teach advanced Pranayama, Meditation, Chanting, Mudra
- Lab and practice in the art of cueing and weaving pranayama with asana
- Practice and study in: Yoga Nidra, Restorative Yoga, Prenatal Yoga, Yin, Aerial Yoga
- Learn to create workshops including developing themes, timing and formats, lectures and asana
- Advanced topics in sequencing
- Practice techniques for proficiency in private yoga sessions
- Full course in Hands-on Adjustments for more than 50 yoga poses
- Thai Yoga Massage Certification Level 1
- Reiki Certification Level 1 & 2
- Principles of Ayurveda
- Sanskrit Study
- Formal Apprenticeship at Thrive Yoga
- Teaching Assessments and Mentorship
- Practice teaching via demonstration, correction and feedback
- Practice hands-on adjustments.
- Bring your teaching experiences into the classroom. Try new sequences, move beyond your comfort zone to become an amazing inspired teacher.
- Learn how to evaluate individual students and create specialized yoga programs for Private Yoga Sessions (one-on-ones)