- an overview of the exciting topics and teachers
- Thrive training philosophy
- review the schedule
- review the requirements, the booklist, the application
This is a free session. Open to all interested students and yoga teachers. You must preregister if you choose to attend.
Curriculum, Practice and Teaching: Basic Beginner and Intermediate Advanced Level One Poses and Flow.
Learn how to teach an Aerial Yoga Flow Class
All sections of a traditional yoga class and will be taught in this training as well as:
• Safety Information and tips
• Benefits of practicing in the hammock
• How to assist your students in the hammock
• Centering the student prior to practice
• Breath Work
• Basic Seated Supported Postures in the Fabric
• Various wraps used in an Aerial Yoga Class
• Suspended Inversions such as back bends, down dog, hip openers, savasana, and seated postures.
• How to balance classes of multiple levels
• Safety elements of the rigging
• Complete 60 minute class created and ready to use
• 10 required hours – karma/apprentice hours
•Hanging and caring for your silk and equipment
What are the benefits of Aerial Yoga Flow?
1. Physical Healing: Natural alignment and decompression of the spine and joints.
2. Emotional Healing: Opening the heart, hips, and core so that the student can go beyond their fear to inversion, creating a space for svdhyaya, self-study.
3. Spiritual Healing: Creating a new perspective, moving energy up to the crown chakra, broadening students understanding of who “I am” through the practice of isvarpranadhana, surrendering all to the universe.
What will you take away?
1. Background study on aerial arts and basic aerial yoga practices.
2. How to create a safe environment for the student and address fear in the student
4. Sequencing the practice to open and close the student’s hearts and Meditations that address fear and inhibitions
5. Assisting the student
6. Hanging and caring for your equipment
Mondays-Fridays 8:30am-5:30pm and July 8-9 from 11:00am-6:00pm
This is a free session but you must pre-register. Open to all interested students and yoga teachers. Learn more about the curriculum, view the teacher training manual and ask all your questions!
Discussion will include:
•Overview of the exciting topics and guest lectures.
•Introduction to the overall philosphy of the training
•Trainers experience and topic expertise
•Review a sample schedule
•Answer any questions about the training
Dec 16-17| Jan 6-7 and 27-28|Feb 3-4
Thursdays: Jul 20| Aug 10, 17| Sept 7, 14, 28 |Oct 5, 12, 19, 26| Nov 2, 9, 16, 30| Dec 7, 14| Jan 11 and 25
- In -class study: (10) Weekends (Sat/Sun 9:00-5:00) and (18) Thursday evenings (6:00-9:00pm)
- Apprenticeship and In-Class Assisting (45 hours) at Thrive Yoga scheduled according to each trainee’s/teacher trainer availability
- Apprenticeship in Individual Student Instruction (Privates)
- Project: 40 hours of Independent Study
$1200 | Level 1 and Level 2
This training is a unique and fun way to expand your experience as a yoga teacher and the perfect way to earn your CEU’s! Earn 20 CEU's per level. Take your Aerial Yoga teaching to the next level!
Come share your Aerial Yoga teaching experiences as well as learn new ways to teach more safe and advanced poses in the aerial hammock. This training provides the perfect opportunity to review what you have already learned and to strengthen your Aerial Yoga teaching skills. Bringing experienced Aerial Yoga Teachers together is the perfect way to gain new ideas, and freshen up your already fabulous Aerial yoga class.
Our 35 page level Two Teacher Training Manual has been created to enhance the material that can be brought to a more advanced Aerial Yoga class. In our Level Two AYTT, we will work on developing a multilevel class from the basic sequence taught In Level One but with more advanced postures, assisting and modifications.
Curriculum: Practice and Teaching Level Two Poses and Flow.
In this training you will:
-Learn how to teach and enhance a more advanced Aerial Yoga Flow Class
-Refine your Aerial Yoga Teaching Skills
-Learn to teach Advanced Alignment and Aerial Yoga Postures
-Improve and create Advanced Sequences and Transitions
-Bring in elements of spatial awareness and dexterity
-Reinforce Yoga subtleties within challenging Advanced Sequences